Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Head

So first and foremost a big thank you to all of you who purchased skullcaps for me and those who took the time to knit me some hats. My head is well covered and I have more choices then you could imagine. Some people have asked for a fashion show but I don't think I could do that here. I have toooo many skull caps to show them all. I will include some pictures that we've taken of the booty.

This is how I've been storing them for easy 'choosing'. I have a skullcap for every mood. Some more amusing then others. Some people went with the more elegant look. Some for fun. And some for the shock value. I love them all. I took a bunch of them to my family gathering for Easter and somehow I convinced all of the adults to try one on and we took a group picture which I will share with you as well.

I love the knitted hats too. So I have a hat for every mood. Friends from every where have sent things and I was astounded! Anita, Hannah and I loved opening the packages and seeing what people chose to dress up my head. So again thank you everyone for the outpouring of support in the form of head gear for me!


This is the picture of the family in the head gear with me... Even got Memer'e and Peper'e in there with us. And Clemmentine and Tucker. I have a great family who was willing to help me show off some of the skullcaps. Clicking on the pictures gets you a larger view so you can see more details.


So now for the update. I'm here in the hospital for round 3 of chemo and so far things are going okay. I got started very late on my drugs which will make my week a day longer. This did not make me happy. I also have a double room and I miss my privacy. Its not awful but it makes for tougher going through the day. The drugs and I are getting along okay. I really hate the way the steroids make me feel but without them the chemo drugs would be making me much sicker. So I guess I have to suck it up.

Anita and Hannah will be in to visit me later and will bring me dinner. The food here isn't terrible but food from the outside sounds good today. Thanks for all your well wishes and cards. And thank you to Mrs. Bauer who sent me the most beautiful flower arrangement. I would send you a picture along here but I have no camera with me here. Either way they are stunning.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Tishy-
Thanks for sharing your bounty of skull caps. I love the pic with your family.
I know things have not gotten off to a great start but that only means things can only get better.
You know we are thinking of you and are here for anything you might need.
Hang in there.

docnita said...

Hey Tisha,

Nice to see a new entry in your blog. Don't we look like quite the crew in that photo.

Keep you chin up. Hopefully you only have one more night and then you can sleep in your own bed again!

We miss you.
Love,
Anita

lucinda said...

hey Tish,
Love the picture of all the skull caps. Still looking for just the right one...I know the road you are on is a tough one, but by the picture, i saw of your family, I can tell you have a great support group behind you.
you are in my thoughts daily, keep on going forward, and remember if you stumble, you have a wonderfull group of family and friends who will stand you back up again. Stay strong and keep on fighting.
Lucinda

heather said...

Hi Tish,Finally, a new post! I love the picture, I printed it out to save. I hope you are doing well. I like how you arranged the caps. Dave is making fun of me for playing on web kins. I tell him that I just do it to get more kinzcash for Natalie. I don't understand how to play bingoz, you don't even get five balls, so how can you get bingo?If you can solve this mystery let me know.
Love,Heather

sallyctr said...

Hi Tisha,

Just as I suspected- you have a great support team. Keep up your positive attitude and thanks for letting me print your story in the FL SunTimes (fcra.org). I received a lot of positve comments and they are all praying for you.

Sally

sallyctr said...

Hi Tisha,

Just as I suspected- you have a great support team. Keep up your positive attitude and thanks for letting me print your story in the FL newsletter Suntimes (fcra.org). I received a lot of positve comments and they are all praying for you.

Sally

Unknown said...

Hey Tisha, Great picture! Gino wants to know why Clementine doesn't have a skull cap on? I think we should put one on him you get to pick. So we are trying to plan dinner for next Sunday with Morna & Heather just waiting for Morna to get a sitter. You get to pick the meal. I still have a porketta or prime rib roast. Let me know which one you perfer (I think I know what you will pick) also think of a dessert. Love Rose & Gino

kittymom said...

Hi Tish,
So glad you're home now and back again with your family and all the 'critters'! It must be nice to know that you're half way through your treatments....YEAH!!! Love the photo of your family in the skull caps...looks like a really fun group of folks! But you already know that!
Take care and keep your spirits up...Spring HAS to be here soon!
Love and prayers,
dianne and the kitty herd

Anonymous said...

Hey Seeeester,

So glad to have the pickle for the weekend. Thanks for sharing. I have to agree with Geno Clemmy really does need a skull cap. Let me know if ya need it altered.

Love ya
Kiki

Anonymous said...

Hi Auntie Tish!
Checking in on the updates and looking at the pictures! I must say I like your hats, very cool! Hopeing I can see you soon.
Lots of Love
~Sammy
PS I love the little cartoon with the magnets! Adorable!

The Original Test Dummy said...

Hey Everyone, Thanks for the comments... Sam its nice to know you're checking up on me :) I liked the magnet cartoon too... I could see it happening in our house! New post soon folks, promise!

docnita said...

Hey Tisha and readers,

I was just reading some of my favorite blogs and came across one that should be cross-referenced here. Our sweet friend Sarah wrote a post about those wonderful muffins that she baked for you when you were in the hospital. Maybe your readers would like to see it. Here is the link: http://www.onceuponacookie.blogspot.com/

Love,
Anita