Friday, January 25, 2008

Cliche' Anyone?


Ok, who would have thunk it? My last post started cliche' hell! Actually it makes me laugh, and I hear laughter is the best medicine. I needed to update everyone 'right quick' so we're 'all on the same page'.

I got the word this morning that the OTD (that would be me, The Original Test Dummy) is back in business. I guess I don't need to work on my test dummy resume. I was accepted 'right quick' into another study, with no delay. I went to Yale, faster then a speeding bullet, and signed the new study papers. Had a boatload of tests done and made my appointments for next week.
I will be getting chemo five days in a row starting on Monday, then I get two weeks to recover and the whole thing starts all over again. Same kind of side effects to this one, so we will see how it goes. I think that my health care team will be better prepared for the likely hood of these side effects to actually happen--- it is me after all.

So that's the latest scoop, the latest news, the word. Keep your fingers crossed for me and lets hope that I get along with this drug a little better then the last one and that I make it though more then one drug cycle before they kick me out again. I promise to try and behave!

Thanks for all the well wishes, prayers and help that you all have offered. Once again I can't believe how truly lucky we are to have such a wonderful family and group of friends.

Keep up with the cliches, they make me laugh!

Tisha the OTD :)

2 comments:

kittymom said...

Yipppeeee!!! See, when life sends you lemons, you just go out and make lemonade! Keeping our fingers-and toes-crossed you tolerate this drug better. You just never skip a beat;so glad for the good news.

love & prayers as always-
dianne and the kitty herd

mad knitter said...

Yay! So glad that you got hired again! Best of luck next week...write or call if you need anything!